It’s been amazing first year and we can’t thank all of you enough for your support, your friendship, and for giving us the opportunity to get to know you and your furry family members. We are proud to be a part of such an amazing family focused community.
Nineteen years ago, I began my journey as a pet supply business owner in Atlanta. I met a great Texan guy, got married, and now we’re sharing the joys of providing healthy pet food options to pet lovers in Katy. Thanks for welcoming us to Katy. By supporting us, you’re supporting a local small business which helps keep tax dollars in our community and employment for locals – all of which helps us support local schools and fundraising initiatives like the many we mentioned below.
It was just last year on September 1, 2015 we opened our doors. Many members of the Katy Business Association came out to cheer us on with a ribbon cutting and a few weeks later we held a Grand Opening Soiree where hundreds of people stopped in to welcome us to the neighborhood.
In a few short months, we added our private self-serve dog wash – the very first to the Katy area. In less than a year we expanded our offerings with a professional groomer, online ordering, and express delivery.
We’re proud to be celebrating the following achievements and activities thanks to a very supportive Katy community:
- In February, we brought awareness about Fort Bend County Animal Services (FBCAS), our county run animal services. We hosted a paper towel and cleaning supply drive that was desperately needed to keep their kennels clean and free of disease. Since then, many folks are now fostering or adopting dogs and cats from FBCAS, volunteering their time to help the cats and dogs in need, and Girl Scout troops are now donating their time at FBCAS. By partnering with Kroger and local media, the overall donations have increased for FBCAS due to the exposure we brought to this county shelter. We even had great folks click on Amazon Prime to donate supplies for SOCA, the nonprofit organization dedicated to working with FBCAS. For all of this we are very proud!
Thanks to all of you that participated the grand total was:
- 1718 Paper Towels
- 421 Disinfecting Wipes Containers
- 243 Dishwashing Soap Containers
- We also collected more than $1,000 in cash donations that will go to spay and neuter programs.
- Hosted several fundraisers for Citizens for Animal Protection (CAP) and FBCAS and raised more than $1500 in cash and donated thousands of pounds in healthy food products.
- Provided educational workshops to help pet owners understand how to help keep their pet happy and healthy including:
- Grooming Workshops with various topics to help pet owners learn how to maintain in-between grooms.
- Dog Walking Clinics to help dog owners learn how to use the proper tools to keep walks safe and fun.
- Ask the Trainer Workshops where dog owners have learned the basics to understanding responsible pet ownership; learn new tricks, and good manners.
- Nutritional Workshops helping pet owners learn how to incorporate nutritional foods including the proper use of a Kong®.
This year has also held a load of fun where we provided a safe place where folks can bring their dog and participate in fun activities with other dog owners, while allowing their dog the opportunity to learn how to socialize.
- Kicked off our store opening with a Grand Opening Soiree last October.
- Last Christmas, Santa landed on our tin roof and took time to pose with everyone – so many doggies had lots of requests for Santa.
- Puckered up and kissed a lot of dogs to raise money for FBCAS by hosting “My Favorite Paw-lentines’ Kissing Booth Fundraiser”.
- Crowned a King and Queen of Mardi Dawgs and partied along Patsy’s Bourbon St. raising more money for FBCAS. Laissez les bons temps rouler!
- On St. Pawty’s Day the pups drank green beer (actually green goat milk).
- The Easter Bunny hopped in for a photo shoot.
- More fundraising for German Shepherd Adoption Day with Rescue Reinvented.
- Celebrated Cinco de Perro with Perro Margaritas (green goat milk).
- Honored Dog Mother’s with personalized Mother’s Day cards with your pooches paw print.
- Enjoyed getting out with many new friends for Pooch Party on the Patio.
- Dog Father’s Rock Out Paw Painting.
- Hosted many professional photography events so you can have a lifelong memory of your pet.
- Doggie Pride – celebrating all dogs breeds, sizes, and types.
- Pooch Patriot Party was a revolutionary good time with pupcorn for the pooches and ice cream for the pet parents with good ole American pie.
- Lemonade Extravaganza raising money for Schnauzer Rescue of Texas (SRT)
- Bobbin’ for hot dogs to raise money for Dachshund Adoption Event by Dachshund Rescue of Houston (DROH).
- Many more Charity Ice Cream Socials, Pupcorn Socials and our weekly Bark ‘N Wines – since we can’t get out to have dinner with you, we enjoy presenting these fun events where you can come out with your dog and allow us time to visit with you.
Again, our sincerest thanks for being a Patsy’s patron! We do have a very special thank you going out to Mom and Dad, Uncle Frank & Aunt Nancy and our family.